Saturday, February 25, 2012

NYX Swatches: My Round Lipstick Collection


I cherish my little collection of NYX Round Lipsticks. I decided to post some swatches and my thoughts on the colors I own. Below is a picture of them all. Feel free to click them for a better view of colors. For reference, I am around NC20-25.


L-R: Strawberry Milk, Narcissus, Power, Christie, Femme, Louisiana 



Upclose shot of Strawberry Milk, Narcissus, Power


Upclose shot of Christie, Femme, Louisiana



Swatches without flash. L-R: Louisiana, Femme, Christie, Power, Narcissus, Strawberry Milk




Swatches with flash. This picture accurately shows their true colors. Same order as above.

These lipsticks are very creamy. Almost too creamy. These lip swatches may be painful to look at, just because I used no lipliner. I didn't want to affect the color of the swatch. They're so creamy that they get all over your lips. If you don't have a lipliner, I'd suggest cleaning up edges with some concealer. They feel really nice on and they have never dried out my lips. These lipsticks sort of temporarily stain your lips after they wipe off. I really like that because you still have some color even after its faded. All lip swatches were taken with flash. Now on to the colors. 


Above is Louisiana. It's a really pretty bright pink/coral with blue undertones. I truly believe that it will fit all skin tones. It is a cream finish (no shimmer) but it looks glossy because it's that moisturizing. I've heard it's a dupe for MAC's Chatterbox but I can't vouch for that since I don't own it.


Above is Christie. It's a medium blue-tones pink with a frosty finish. I usually avoid frosty lipstick because I just feel like they look very odd but this one is not overly frosty. If you compare it to the other swatches, it doesn't look that much difference in terms of finish. It's a fun color and it's a nice daytime color.


This is Power. It's my only "different" lipstick out of my whole collection (not just NYX). Basically it's a pale lilac color with a cream finish. I never wear this lipstick because it looks strange on my skin tone. It might just be the color of my lips, but when I wear this I feel like my lips look brownish. I look I have frostbite or something. I think this is a color for darker skin tones. I'm going to see if I can pull it off during summertime when I get tanner. 


This is Narcissus. It's my favorite color out of my NYX lipsticks. One of my favorite colors in general. It's a true barbie pink color. It's almost neon pink. It looks great on all skin tones as well. I get complimented every time I wear this. It's a cream finish. It's a very sexy color. You'll probably feel great with it on.


This is Femme. I'm going to admit that I haven't gotten much use out of this one. It's a bright orange-reddish color. Cream finish. It's very intense and very daring. Great night time color. I feel like it's a bit too strong for me. I prefer to pair this with a lipgloss.


The last color is Strawberry Milk. There is a lot of hype around this color. It's a very pale milky pink color with a cream finish. This is a very difficult color to wear. It completely washes out light skin and looks a bit garish on dark skin. With a nice lipgloss, it's a great base color. This is definitely a color that looks best with smokey eyes at night. 

I hope you enjoyed my review and swatches! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment